A program based on distinctively Christian caring. In addition to giving care receivers a compassionate listening ear, Stephen Ministers invite care receivers into a relationship with Christ. Stephen Ministers are trained to offer biblical encouragement, therefore helping care receivers to nurture and grow in the faith. Our Stephen Ministers received 50+ hours of training in Christian caregiving which equips them to walk with care receivers through life’s difficulties.
Our Stephen Ministers have provided many hours of listening, care, support, and sharing of God’s love for our King of Kings family on a one-on-one confidential basis. It is clear that God is working though the Stephen Ministry at King of Kings, and our Stephen Ministers are reaching out to those who are in need of care.
If you have an issue or concern you would like to share in confidence, please contact the church office, 564-7360, to talk with one of the following members: Betty Yergert, Rosetta Land, Barbara Rose or Mike Parga.
The Parish Nurse assists in providing and offering services as an expression of the Love of God for all people. The Parish Nurse
• Plans and organizes a parish nurse program for the congregation with the help from the Rocky Mountain Synod Health Ministry Council
• Provides information on various health related topics, provides support and referrals as needed
• Visits the sick and homebound members of the congregation
• Assists the Pastor in a leadership role with the Eucharistic team
• Visits the shut-in and hospital-bound to deliver flowers, bulletins, recordings of sermons, listens to concerns; provides information and support to care providers
• Goes with Pastor and/or Director of Lay Ministry to provide prayer shawls
• Provides health screenings of blood pressure, pulse and oxygen saturation on the first Sunday of each month; answers questions and provides information
If you would like to learn more about the services provided by the Parish Nurse, please call the church office at 564-7360